TOM-2 Total Oxidizer Monitoring & Mitigation
The TOM-2 Total Oxidizer Monitoring & Mitigation system (patent pending) from EMS Healthcare LLC is designed for the continuous regulation of oxygen below the limit of 23.6 percent in combined-use vacuum systems. The heart of the monitoring & mitigation system is a PLC that interfaces to an oxygen sensor, a vacuum transducer, and a control valve. The unit monitors oxygen concentration and vacuum pressure and takes appropriate action based on these input parameters. The PLC operates a valve plumbed to a regulated gas source (e.g., carbon dioxide or nitrogen) or ambient air to maintain levels below the critical threshold of 23.6%. Maintaining system vacuum pressure is always prioritized over oxygen levels; as long as vacuum pressure remains acceptable, increasing oxygen levels to the vacuum pump inlet will be mitigated.
The TOM-2 is recommended for use in all healthcare facilities where oxygen from patient procedures is evacuated through oil-lubricated vacuum pumps. The TOM-2 continuously monitors and logs total oxygen concentration in order to provide periodic reports for compliance purposes.
Download additional documentation below.
- Oxygen concentration monitoring from 0% to 95%
- Oxygen alarm at 23.6% (NC contacts open on alarm)
- Oxygen mitigation using ambient air, nitrogen or CO2
- Vacuum pressure override to prioritize patient vacuum levels over oxygen mitigation
- Continuous data logging of oxygen concentration, vacuum pressure, and mitigation operation
- Statistics tracking of minimum/maximum levels for oxygen and vacuum pressure, number of mitigation cycles
- System fault monitoring
General SpecificationsPerformance Specifications
- Sensor Type: Long Life Zirconium Oxide Sensor Cell 0-95%
- Response Time: Within 1 second of any change in oxidizer levels
- Accuracy: ± 0.5% of FS
- Repeatability: ± 1% of reading
- Operating Temp: -40° to 122°F (-40° to +50°C)
- Humidity: 0 – 98% RH, non-condensing
- Local Display: Touchscreen indicating O2 concentration, vacuum pressure, and alarm indication
- Alarm Output: 2-wire dry contact, normally closed (open on alarm of 23.6% O2)
- Power: 120VAC external power, 19 watts maximum
- Dimensions: 8" (W) x 12" (H) x 6" (D) inches
- Weight: 6.5 pounds (2.9 kg)
- Enclosure Type: NEMA 1, 2, 3, 4, 4X rated